AD | Partnership
There is no doubt that films and movies were made to be seen on the big screen, and whilst TVs at home are getting bigger and better, nothing really compares to a visit to the cinema. If you are planning a trip to Arc Cinema Great Yarmouth to catch the latest release or even enjoy a re-run of a classic, take a look at everything you need to know.
Table of Contents
Visit Arc Cinema Great Yarmouth: What you need to know
Located within one of Great Yarmouth’s iconic buildings it was erected in 1875 and at first was used as an aquarium and later in the main hall for summer shows, pantomimes and roller skating. In the 1920’s it had converted fully into a cinema and was still known as the Royal Aquarium. A dining room at the rear of the building was converted into a live theatre known as the Little Theatre and this added to the amenities of the building.
In January 1970 the Little Theatre was converted into the Little Cinema and a disco opened in another space. In July 1982 the main hall was re-named Royalty Cinema and in recent years it was renamed the Hollywood Cinema, however, when this fell into administration the Irish-based Arc Cinema group took over the building.
Where to find Arc Cinema
Let’s start with the basics, because if you don’t know where to find the Arc Cinema, Great Yarmouth how are you going to go there?
Located to the north end of Great Yarmouth seafront you will find the iconic Arc Cinema building situated on its own little island near the Britannia Pier, Joyland and Pub on the Prom.
ADDRESS: Marine Parade, Great Yarmouth NR30 2DL
TEL: 01493 923145
- Parking – There is a free car park located at the front of the cinema on a first-come, first-served basis for cinema customers. Alternatively, there are a number of pay-and-display on-street parking and car parks available throughout the seafront
- Public transport – A coastal clipper serves the Great Yarmouth Seafront travelling from nearby Hemsby Beach, stopping along the way and ending at the Great Yarmouth Pleasure Beach
- Alternative transport – A motorised train runs up and down the seafront, stopping at various attractions along the way. It can be a great way to get from one end of the seafront to the other as well as being able to take in the sights. Horse carriages are also available and can make a novel way to travel up the seafront in style.
When is Arc Cinema Great Yarmouth open?
- Monday: 10.30am – 11.15pm
- Tuesday: 10.30am – 11.15pm
- Wednesday: 10.30am – 11.15pm
- Thursday: 10.30am – 11.15pm
- Friday: 10.30am – 11.15pm
- Saturday: 10.30am – 11.15pm
- Sunday: 10.30am – 11.15pm
Why visit Arc Cinema Great Yarmouth
The fully refurbished venue comprises of five new state-of the art screens with ample seating capacity, Sony 4K digital projection and Dolby Digital 7.1 surround sound. Relax and take a load off in the luxurious leather reclining armchairs with generous legroom and drink holders. The main foyer offers a concession stand to purchase popcorn, drinks and sweet treats to enjoy whilst watching the film.
What are the ticket options available at Arc Cinema Great Yarmouth?
- Standard Tickets: A variety of standard ticket options are available including Adult, Teen, Child, Seniors and Student tickets.
- Family Tickets: A special offer of £5.95 per ticket for groups of 4 or more is available on the family ticket, Up to two adults can accompany 2 or more children on a cinema trip and everyone pays the flat fee of £5.95 each – the price of a child ticket.
- Kids Club: If you are looking for a great deal, check out the kids club showing fantastic family movies at a reduced price of £2.95 per person – no matter if they are an adult or a child. Screenings take place on Saturday and Sunday mornings as well as every day during school holidays.
- Meerkat Movies: Arc Cinema accepts the Compare the Meerkat Movies codes available for getting an insurance policy through Compare the Market. This enables you to purchase two tickets and get the cheapest one free when presenting a valid Meerkat Movies code.
- Silver Screen: Every Wednesday at 2pm Arc Cinema showcases a selection of the best recent and old favourite classic films. Enjoy a complimentary tea or coffee before the screening. To ensure that the screening is as comfortable as possible the volume is reduced from normal levels and the lights remain dimmed rather than off during the film.
How to book tickets for Arc Cinema
To book tickets for Great Yarmouth Arc Cinema it can be done in three different ways:
- Online via the Arc Cinema website
- In person at the cinema counter
- Self-service ticket machine in the foyer to collect pre-booked tickets or purchase tickets using a debit/credit card.